REMOVE GOOGLE REDIRECT VIRUS
Remove Google Redirect Virus
Technology is an amazing and dynamic tool yielding a vast range of applications for any market or industry possible. With technology, people are capable of storing large amounts of information and accessing information on practically any subject one can think of, from baby strollers to pet kennels and so on.
Yet like any technological environment, it isn't always fun and games. With computer technology, viruses and intrusions are a never-ending threat to the well-being and optimal functioning of your computer system. So what do we mean with well-being of your computer? Basically, this pertains to all the data stored in your computer, including important files, documents and programs, as well as the capacity to quickly and securely search the Internet.
If your computer has never encountered a virus before, it is easy to think and have the peace of mind you are safe. However, how long do you think your computer remains safe from such attacks? If one does, you'll definitely be in a world of trouble, especially if you use the computer for business-related purposes. The latest detected threat to computer systems is the Google Redirect Virus. One way to describe this new virus is vicious, just vicious. Fortunately, there are ways in which you can protect your most essential data and, most importantly, your computer's optimal functioning when the virus strikes out of nowhere.
Google Redirect Virus - A Dangerous And Annoying Virus
One of the most annoying viruses I ever encountered is without a doubt the Google Redirect Virus. Well, "Google Redirect Virus" is the official name, but in fact the redirect virus affects Yahoo and Bing search results too. The most annoying thing is that regular antispyware software like Norton won't detect and remove it. MalwareBytes, Adaware, McAfee, and SuperAntiSpyware aren't picking it up either. Yes, this is the real problem with Google Redirect Virus: regular anti virus software won't detect and remove it. If you arrived on this site, you are most likely a victim yourself and want to know how you can remove Google Redirect virus fast.
Are You Really Infected With The Google Redirect Virus?
The Google Redirect Virus has been around since 2010. However, it "mutated" a lot in the past years and in 2012 it is more annoying than ever before. Google redirect virus can be explained through a clear and common example most victims encounter. So you're searching for regular keyword terms on Google. It shows the ordinary results, but once you click any of the search results, something bad and unexpected occurs. Rather than directing you towards the real website you wanted to go in, it redirects you to a dangerous website that will automatically install harmful components into your computer's system without warning and permission. This includes malware, spyware or viruses into the computer without proper consent.
Is Google The Cluprit?
So where is the problem derived from? At a first impression, you may be thinking Google is the main culprit for this particular issue. After all, if they can't even guarantee security for their search engine users, why even bother at using them at all? To clear the issue out, it isn't Google's fault. The Google Redirect Virus is integrated into your computer. From this point onward, whenever you look for data and use Google, the virus will redirect you instead of the search engine itself..
Where Can You Get Google Redirect Virus?
Once again: it is definitely not Google's fault that your Pc got infected.In fact you most likely visited a website or downloaded a software/Game/File which infected your system. The admin of the website you downloaded the file from might not even be aware they are spreading the virus. Why? Because most likley the website got hacked and the hackers added the malicious code to their website without the webmaster knowing. There is no rule of thumb where you can get Google redirect virus and the only one to blame are the hackers/scammers . It can happen anywhere!
Symptoms Your Pc Is Infected With Google Redirect Virus
- If you computer is infected with Google Redirect Virus, you may either see Google's regular search results. However, when clicking one of the results you are taken to a "fake" malicious page containing malware. It is also possible that the search results you get look pretty weird. This is, because you are not on the real Google website, but on a "fake" page that only looks like Google.
- The Google Redirect Virus in 2012 will not only redirect your Google search results. It will make redirect your searches on every common search engine. So using Yahoo or Bing won't work either.
- Your browser works extremely slow. It may even freeze completely. This is, because Google Redirect Virus is launching malware in the background. The virus might even result in your whole computer stop working.
- You are getting pop-ups. Sometimes pop-ups will not stop and you may see dozens of pop-us at the same time.
How To Remove Google Redirect Virus
One viable option to rid the virus from your computer is to manually flush it out from the system. Unfortunately, such intervention requires a broader knowledge and understanding of the matter at hand and should only be left for those who are tech savvy. To give you an idea of how manual removal of the Google redirect virus occurs, below are few steps that initiate the process.
1) Check Local Area Network (LAN) settings
Make sure that DNS settings are not changed
Manage Internet Explorer add-ons. Remove unknown or suspicious add-ons
Reset your Router back to the factory default settings
2) Enable hidden files by opening folder options (start –>run –> control folders) (under view tab)
3) The Google Redirect virus typically installs itself as a service on your PC, so in order to remove it you have to first disable the service and stop it from running. To do this go to Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>View>Show Hidden Devices… Once there, scroll down to the option for ‘Non-plug and Play Drivers’ and click the ‘+’ icon to expand the driver list. Here look for the device ‘TDSSserv.sys’ and click ‘Disable’. Don’t uninstall it, as you will have to reboot the PC which will reinstall it.
(a) Click START > RUN > and type in "C:windowssystem32driversetchosts"
(b) When prompted, open the HOSTS file in either Notepad or Wordpad
(c) Delete all the lines of IP addresses in the text document except for "127.0.0.1 localhost"
4) Open msconfig (start –>run –> msconfig)
Click “Start” –> run –> msconfig)
Go to “boot” tab if you are using Vista or Win 7. In case of XP, select “boot.ini” tab
5) Open the registry (start –>run–>regedit).
Click on edit –> find. Enter the first few letters of the infection name. The problem here is that Google Redirect virus is mutating continuously. When my Pc was infected, all infected files contained the letters "TDSS". So I used TDSS and searched for any entries starting with those letters. If you are infected with the same version of Google Redirect virus my system was infected with, all you have to do is deleted that file. In case you are infected with a different version, you need to find out the file name.
Repeat the same until all entries in registry starting with TDSS is removed.
6) Check ntbtlog.txt for corrupted file
By Doing Step 4, a log file called ntbtlog.txt is generated inside C:Windows. It’s a small text file containing lot of entries (we are talkign abotu 100s of entries). You need to scroll down slowly and check if you have any entry TDSSserv.sys which shows that there is an infection. Remove thos files.
7) Once done, reboot your system.
Again: as mentioned above: the Google Redirect file names might not contain a "TDSS", you might be infected with another version. Instructions are the same, only the name of the files you are searching for will change.
Put an End To Your Headache NOW! Download Google Redirect Virus Removal Software!
As you can see, it is not that easy to remove Google Redirect Virus manually especially if you are not tech savvy! If you do not want to risk compromising your system, but want a fast and efficient solution to remove Google Redirect Virus, I highly recommend downloading a software specialized in removing Google Redirect Virus.
It will quickly remove the virus from your computer hassle-free and without any time wasted! You can bypass all these hassling manual procedures and simply make a few clicks to make the virus disappear from your computer.
Get Rid Of The Nasty Google Redirect Virus!